Thursday, September 26, to Sunday, September 29, 2019 — Berlin (Germany)
Uta Excited to Attend This Year’s Much Anticipated Berlin Marathon
A top-class duel is building for the 2019 BMW BERLIN MARATHON in the women’s field. Gladys Cherono, both title and course record holder, will face the speedy Ethiopian, Mare Dibaba, who has twice run under 2:20 and took the bronze medal in the 2016 Olympic Marathon in Rio.
Uta will be there to cheer on the elites and the tens of thousands of runners who have registered for this year’s marathon. She will run part of the course with the ‘RTL-Spendenmarathon’, the charity relay team in support of underprivileged children. Organizers believe that more women will run in this year’s marathon than any previous year.
“There will be so much energy in the air,” said Uta. “The children’s events, the runners from all over the world, and now the women’s marathon race is shaping up to be such a beloved and fantastic event.”
Uta will be involved in many of the weekend activities in her increasing role as ambassador and running expert for SCC Events, the governing body for the marathon. You can read her advice to runners — from beginners to elite — on the Berlin Marathon’s Website under Uta’s Running Columns. She provides training tips that cover the weeks leading up to the marathon, and also advice on how to stay injury free.
Uta’s Appearances in Berlin:
- On Friday, September 27, Uta will join the team of the SMS Medical Institute of the Berlin Marathon at the Expo from 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm to answer last-minute questions for your race. Location: former Airport Tempelhof, Platz der Luftbrücke 5, 12101 Berlin.
- She is looking forward to meeting many old and new friends at the “Meet the Legends” event close to the Brandenburg Gate at 6:15 pm, Hall of Fame of the Berlin Marathon.
- On Saturday, September 28, the Bambini Run, fun runs for the youngest will take place at the former Airport Tempelhof, Platz der Luftbrücke 5, 12101 Berlin.
- On Saturday, September 28, Uta will be at her favorite part of Marathon Weekend! She will join her friend Fridolin “Frido” Flink, the mascot of the Berlin Marathon, at the Kids painting competition at the Messe BERLIN VITAL. Location: former Airport Tempelhof, Platz der Luftbrücke 5, 12101 Berlin.
- She will be at the start and cheer on school kids aged 10 and older at their 4.2195K mini-Marathon, starting at 3:10 pm on Saturday at the Potsdamer Place, and participate in their medal ceremony afterwards at the finish line close to the Brandenburg Gate.
- On Sunday, September 29, Marathon Day, Uta will be at the starting line in the morning, later run part of the marathon in the ‘RTL-Spendenmarathon’ charity relay, and help runners celebrate crossing the finish line. Both the start and finish are on the boulevard Straße des 17. Juni (between the Brandenburg Gate and “Kleiner Stern“) — 10785 Berlin. Have a great run!
Marathon Course Map:
For more information please visit www.BMW-Berlin-Marathon.com. The race organizers urge you to use public transportation to attend the event, since no parking will be available. Also, your bib number will give you free access to some public transportation this year.
- Start of the 46th BWW Berlin Marathon on September 29:
- 8:50 am Hand Cyclists (Elites)
- 8:56 am Wheelchair Competitors
- 8:59 am Hand Cyclists
- 9:15 am Runners (in four waves)
The marathon will start and finish on the boulevard Straße des 17. Juni (between the Brandenburg Gate and “Kleiner Stern“) — 10785 Berlin.