Friday, September 23, to Sunday, September 25, 2022 — Berlin (Germany)
Uta Back in Town for This Year’s Running of the Berlin Marathon
This year’s much anticipated Berlin Marathon will showcase two top men runners once again competing against each other. Double Olympic Champion Eliud Kipchoge from Kenya and defending 2021 Berlin Marathon Champion Guye Adola from Ethiopia may repeat their historic 2017 Berlin Marathon duel that ended with Kipchoge clinging to the victory. The women’s race boasts two runners with 2:19 times: American Keira d’Amato and Kenyan Nancy Jelagat Meto. Several other runners also will be attempting to break that time barrier.
Uta will be at the starting line to cheer on the elites and the more than 45,000 runners who have registered for this year’s marathon. She will be at the finish line to cheer on the Run for Children charity team which is raising thousands of euros for underserved children in Berlin.
“I just love the Berlin Marathon,” said Uta. “The energy, the weekend children’s events, the competition and the crowds all cheering on all the runners — elites to first timers.”
Uta is enyoing her role as a Berlin Marathon Ambassador and will be involved in the weekend activities. You can read her advice to runners — from beginners to elite — on the Berlin Marathon’s Website under Uta’s Running Columns. She provides training tips that cover the weeks leading up to the marathon, and also advice on how to stay injury free and recover after the marathon.
Uta’s Appearances in Berlin:
- On Friday, September 23, Uta is looking forward to meeting many old and new friends at the “Get Together Party” of the SCC Events and the marathon.
- On Saturday, September 24, the Bambini Run, fun runs for the youngest, will take place at the former Airport Tempelhof, Platz der Luftbrücke 5, 12101 Berlin. Beginning 11:00 am.
- On Saturday, September 24, Uta and Ambassador Florian Weiss will talk about last minute marathon tips to the wonderful Run for Children Charity Team. These runners come from all over the world to support the children in Berlin not just by running the marathon, but also by donating for Children for a better World. Location: Mercedes Platz in Berlin.
- On Sunday, September 25, Marathon Day, Uta will be at the starting line in the morning, later at the finish line to greet the incoming runners, and be with the Run for Children charity team, and help celebrate crossing the finish line. Both the start and finish are on the boulevard Straße des 17. Juni (between the Brandenburg Gate and “Kleiner Stern“) — 10785 Berlin. Have a great run!
Marathon Course Map:
For more information please visit www.BMW-Berlin-Marathon.com. The race organizers urge you to use public transportation to attend the event, since no parking will be available. Also, your bib number will give you free access to some public transportation this year.
- Start of the Berlin Marathon on September 25:
- 8:50 am Hand Biker (Elites)
- 8:57 am Wheelchair Competitors and Hand Biker
- 9:15 am Runners (in four waves)
The marathon will start and finish on the boulevard Straße des 17. Juni (between the Brandenburg Gate and “Kleiner Stern“) — 10785 Berlin.